18" x 18" Recessed Access Door with "Behind Drywall" Flange - 5/8" Inlay
The BAC-DW-5058 is designed to provide access in walls and ceilings, while maintaining an invisible, architecturally pleasing appearance. This door is standard with a touch latch feature. Designed to accommodate 5/8" drywall, you can reverse the frame to accommodate 1/2" drywall. You can find that the door has a .080 aluminum extrusion with 5/8” drywall inserted into the door panel. The door frame is also a .080 aluminum extrusion recessed to provide a similar edge to drywall bead to allow for finishing of wall or ceiling surface.
Many contractors will need the BAC-DW-5058 when they need to install an access panel on drywall surfaces, and you can find them mostly on commercial buildings. If you plan on getting the BAC-DW-5058, don’t forget to contact us right away! You also have the option to check out our best-selling products to know which ones our clients would usually purchase from us.
• Designed to provide access in walls and ceilings, while maintaining an invisible, architecturally pleasing appearance
• Designed to accommodate 5/8” drywall, the frame can be reversed to accommodate 1/2” drywall
• Standard with a touch latch feature
BAC-DW-5058 Access Door Specifications:
• Door: .080 aluminum extrusion with 5/8” drywall inserted into door panel
• Door Frame: .080 aluminum extrusion recessed to provide similar edge to drywall bead to allow for finishing of wall or ceiling surface.
• Hinge: Spring loaded hinge pin allows door panel to open to 90 degrees, and also allows for door panel to be removed from frame. Safety chain installed on door & frame for safety.
• Standard Latch: Concealed Touch Latches
• Finish: Mill Finish. Drywall is ready to be finished to match surrounding wall or ceiling surface.