We, from Best Access Doors are proud to introduce the industry-leading BAC-FRI-PF Fire Rated Access Panel Insulated with Plaster Flange. This access door is both practical and ascetically pleasing thanks to its continuous piano hinge, steel frame, and self-closing and self-locking mechanism for easy access on either side. The FRI-PF offers a 16-gauge cold-rolled steel frame and 20-gauge galvanneal steel door, 2-inch mineral wool for fire-rated insulation, a continuous piano hinge, an inside panel release standard on all doors over 12" x 12". As an added benefit, this access door also provides an easy to operate automatic panel closer (which is standard on all FRI-PF doors).
This access door is finished with DuPont's high-quality white powder coat, which you can paint right after installation is complete.
For installation in vertical wall assemblies, the FRI-PF insulated access door has a fire rating of up to 3 hours. Whereas, for installation in horizontal ceilings, the fire rating measures up to 3 hours in noncombustible construction and a 1-hour fire rating incombustible construction.
Best Access Doors also offer a wide variety of custom latch options. For the BAC-FRI-PF, the door comes standard with a ring/tool key operated slam latch and can also be equipped with a key-operated cylinder cam latch, 4" handle operated slam latch, hex head slam latch, and mortise slam latch.
In addition to customizing the latch, we also offer the popular finish of #304 stainless steel.
- Material: 20-gauge stainless steel door and 16-gauge stainless steel frame
- Hinge: Continuous piano hinge. Hinge location: Hinges must be located on the second dimension (height).
- Locking mechanism: Self-latching tool-key operated slam latch and ring operated slam latch, both included.
- Flange: 1" exposed flange
- Frame: 2½ "in-depth, made of stainless steel
- Rough opening: Door sizes + ¼" or + 6mm
- Insulation: 2" thick fire-rated mineral wool
- Inside panel release: Mechanisms to allow panels to open from inside, standard on all doors over 12" X 12 inches.
Our fire-rated access panels are made of high-quality materials and meet NFPA standards. Another benefit of installing our FRI-PF fire-rated door is that it can contribute directly to a project's ability to achieve LEED certification in new construction and significant renovations such as schools and commercial interiors.
We can also manufacture custom sizes and ship in as little as five days! Feel free to contact us at 1-800-483-0823 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org